June 1, 2022
Chambers has once again named BLB&G the top plaintiff securities litigation firm in the nation in its Chambers USA 2022 guide. For another year, BLB&G has been named “Band 1” for plaintiff securities litigation in the Nationwide, New York and California categories - the only firm in the nation with this distinction. Chambers has given the firm its top ranking for securities litigation every year since the publisher first created the category in order to recognize a select number of firms who do this high-profile work. This year, the firm was also ranked for the second time in the Delaware Chancery - Mainly Plaintiffs category, in recognition of the stellar reputation and growth the firm has achieved since opening its first office in Wilmington in 2019.
The Chambers profile describes BLB&G as having "a dominant track record in achieving high-value awards for clients," and quotes market sources who describe BLB&G as "the best plaintiff securities firm out there," made up of "fearless litigators who are creative, thoughtful and create novel arguments." Chambers quotes additional market sources who describe the firm as driving "excellent outcomes on behalf of clients," and as "the best in the field [with] a great stable of clients. They...get results.”
Chambers highlights several of the firm’s achievements over the time period considered for the rankings, including the firm's work in acting for institutional investors in a securities fraud class action against Luckin Coffee concerning fabricated sales, achieving a $175 million recovery; in a dispute concerning the merger of GCI Liberty and Liberty Broadband, achieving a $110 million settlement; in a stockholder class action concerning breach of fiduciary duty claims against the board of directors and controllers of Churchill Capital; and in a shareholder dispute against Allergan and its executives over allegations of price-fixing six generic drugs.
Individually, Chambers recognized partners Max Berger, John C. Browne, Salvatore Graziano, Mark Lebovitch, Hannah Ross, Gerald (Jerry) Silk, Jonathan Uslaner, and Gregory Varallo among an elite group of notable practitioners in the field.
- Sal Graziano, Hannah Ross, and Jerry Silk are listed as "notable practitioners" in the Nationwide Securities Litigation Plaintiff category;
- Max Berger, John C. Browne, Sal Graziano, Mark Lebovitch, and Jerry Silk were individually ranked in the New York Securities Litigation Plaintiff category;
- Jonathan Uslaner is ranked in the California Securities Litigation Plaintiff category; and
- Mark Lebovitch and Greg Varallo are ranked in the Delaware Chancery Plaintiffs category.
In the writeup, Max Berger is noted by Chambers as having “secured some of the largest recoveries ever achieved in securities fraud lawsuits,” with market sources describing him as "a major force in bringing parties together for significant settlements." John C. Browne is described as "a go-to litigator" with market sources describing him as "professional and courteous, while still being a fierce advocate for his clients." Sal Graziano is described by quoted sources as an “extremely smart guy with a very good grasp of the securities space.” Mark Lebovitch is commended by quoted sources for being “absolutely fearless” and providing "great advocacy for his clients.” Jerry Silk is “recognized for his expertise in a range of cases on the plaintiff side. He is highly experienced in cases involving RMBS, as well as M&A litigation and accountants' liability cases.” Jonathan Uslaner is recognized by Chambers as an "expert plaintiff securities litigator," with market sources describing him as "an excellent lawyer and a strong advocate for his clients" and "a fierce advocate for his clients and tough opponent." Greg Varallo is described as "a respected litigator," with market sources quoted as saying he is "always well prepared and has deep knowledge of Delaware law."
- Awards Chambers Again Ranks BLB&G Top Securities Litigation Firm with Band 1 Rankings in All Categories June 1, 2023 Learn More
- Awards Chambers Again Ranks BLB&G Top Securities Litigation Firm May 20, 2021 Learn More
- Awards The Legal 500 Again Ranks BLB&G a National Tier 1 Firm for Securities Litigation and M&A Litigation June 9, 2022 Learn More
- Publications “2022 Developments for Auditor Regulation Under the U.S. Securities Laws” by John Rizio-Hamilton, Jesse L. Jensen, and Jasmine Cooper-Little Published in The Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation January 27, 2023 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Identified as Most Respected Securities Plaintiffs' Law Firm by Inigo Insurance Survey Respondents March 2, 2022 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Achieves Top Plaintiff Law Firm Rankings in Latest ISS SCAS "Top 50" Report March 2, 2023 Learn More
- Awards The Legal 500 Again Ranks BLB&G a National Tier 1 Firm for Securities Litigation and M&A Litigation June 9, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2022 Guide October 5, 2021 Learn More