March 11, 2020
NEW YORK, March 11, 2020 - ISS-SCAS released its Top 50 of 2019 report this week. The report, a comprehensive listing of the top 50 plaintiff law firms ranked by cash amount of their North American class action settlements in 2019, ranks Bernstein Litowitz Berger & Grossmann first, with the largest total settlement funds for 2019. BLB&G has finished first or second in every edition of ISS SCAS annual rankings since the report’s inception seven years ago. Click here to view the report.
ISS SCAS's Top 50 publication follows soon after its recent release of the Top 100 U.S. Class Action Settlements of All-Time report – a compilation of the 100 largest securities recoveries in history, in which BLB&G ranked first in the industry for the tenth consecutive year. BLB&G has served as lead or co-lead counsel in more top recoveries than any other firm.
The report highlights several key metrics that illustrate BLB&G’s track record of success for institutional investor plaintiffs:
- The firm’s $389.6 million settlement of the Cobalt International Energy matter in the Southern District of Texas was the largest domestic settlement of 2019 and among the 50 largest of all time.
- BLB&G served as lead or co-lead counsel in 36 of the top 100 U.S. securities fraud settlements – more than twice as many cases as any other firm.
- Of the settlements included in ISS SCAS Top 100 Settlements report, BLB&G has recovered more than $25 billion for shareholders – approximately $10 billion more than our nearest peer firm. We are proud to have recovered more than $33 billion overall.
- BLB&G has secured six settlements over $1 billion – more than any other firm.
The ISS SCAS Top 100 Settlements of All Time is an annual report that identifies the largest securities class action settlements filed after the passage of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, ranked by the total value of the settlement fund. During 2019, ISS SCAS recorded 101 approved monetary settlements filed in the U.S., valued at $3.17 billion. Click here to view the report.
- Awards Bernstein Litowitz Dominates ISS SCAS List of Top 100 Securities Settlements of All Time February 24, 2021 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Leads ISS SCAS List of Top 100 Securities Settlements of All Time January 25, 2022 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Leads ISS SCAS List of Top 100 Securities Class-Action Settlements of All Time January 25, 2023 Learn More
- Awards Bernstein Litowitz Dominates ISS SCAS List of Top 100 Securities Settlements of All Time February 2020 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Named 2020 Top Securities Practice by Law360 November 30, 2020 Learn More
- Publications “2022 Developments for Auditor Regulation Under the U.S. Securities Laws” by John Rizio-Hamilton, Jesse L. Jensen, and Jasmine Cooper-Little Published in The Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation January 27, 2023 Learn More
- News Law360 Article Highlights BLB&G's Success in 2020 "Top 100 Settlements Report" by ISS SCAS February 25, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Five Years After #MeToo Goes Mainstream" by Rebecca Boon and Brittney Balser Published by The Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation August 23, 2022 Learn More