April 25, 2019
Chambers and Partners has named BLB&G the top plaintiff securities litigation firm in the nation in its 2019 USA Guide to America's Leading Lawyers for Business. For another year, BLB&G has been named “Band 1” for plaintiff securities litigation in its Nationwide, New York and California categories - the only firm in the nation with this distinction. Chambers has given the firm its top ranking every year since the publisher first created the category in order to recognize a select number of firms who do this high-profile work.
Chambers’ profiles present BLB&G as the “preeminent plaintiffs’ firm that provides public pension funds and institutional investors with first-class representation in high-value securities litigation.” The team is regarded by peers as "one of the best firms in the field without question. It is a great shop getting tremendous results representing major institutional investors in the US." A defense-side peer even offered: "If I'm in a securities class action, and I see Bernstein on the other side, I know there's a problem."
The profile highlights several of the firm’s recent achievements, including the $480 million settlement in Wells Fargo, as well as the $90 million settlement on behalf of City of Monroe Employees' Retirement System in a shareholder derivative action filed against 21st Century Fox relating to workplace harassment at the network. The settlement also enforced the creation of a unique board-level council of experts to act as a watchdog – a first of its kind.
Individually, Chambers recognizes partner Max Berger as a “Star Individual” in the state of New York. Partners Salvatore Graziano, Mark Lebovitch, and Gerald Silk were also named among an elite group of notable practitioners in the field. Mr. Berger is described as “the consummate professional; he offers great judgment, is very strategic and produces consistently great work product."
Chambers also features sources describing Mr. Graziano as “very reasonable” and someone who, “takes tough positions when he needs to;” the “excellent” Mr. Lebovitch as a “smart lawyer who has delivered great results;” and Mr. Silk as "a good lawyer and a straight shooter.”
- Awards Chambers Again Ranks BLB&G Top Securities Litigation Firm with Band 1 Rankings in All Categories June 1, 2023 Learn More
- Awards Chambers Again Ranks BLB&G Top Securities Litigation Firm June 1, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Chambers Again Ranks BLB&G Top Securities Litigation Firm May 20, 2021 Learn More
- Awards The Legal 500 Again Ranks BLB&G a National Tier 1 Firm for Securities Litigation and M&A Litigation June 9, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2022 Guide October 5, 2021 Learn More
- Awards The Legal 500 Again Ranks BLB&G a National Tier 1 Firm for Securities Litigation and M&A Litigation June 9, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2023 Guide October 3, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2024 Guide October 24, 2023 Learn More
- Publications “2022 Developments for Auditor Regulation Under the U.S. Securities Laws” by John Rizio-Hamilton, Jesse L. Jensen, and Jasmine Cooper-Little Published in The Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation January 27, 2023 Learn More