Only a single lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is honored as the "Lawyer of the Year," making this accolade particularly significant. Mr. Berger was selected based on particularly impressive voting averages received during the peer review assessments.
According to Best Lawyers®, “receiving this designation reflects the high level of respect a lawyer has earned among other leading lawyers in the same communities and the same practice areas for their abilities, their professionalism, and their integrity.”
In addition to the "Lawyer of the Year" award, Max Berger was also listed in the 2019 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America in the following practice areas:
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Plaintiffs
- Professional Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become widely regarded as one of the definitive guides to legal excellence.
- Awards Founding Partner Max Berger and Dale Berger Awarded 2021 Commitment to Justice Award by Her Justice March 19, 2021 Learn More
- News BLB&G Founding Partner Max Berger Ensures Sustainable Support for Students Pursuing Careers in Public Interest & Public Service with $3.3 Million Commitment to Columbia Law School Through the Dale and Max Berger Family Foundation December 1, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Lawdragon Names BLB&G Attorneys to "500 Leading Lawyers in America List" and Inducts Founding Partner Max Berger into its “Hall of Fame” March 12, 2020 Learn More
- Awards Lawdragon Names BLB&G Founding Partner Max Berger to the "2020 Hall of Fame List" March 12, 2020 Learn More
- News Max Berger Receives Honorary Degree At Baruch College 2019 Commencement June 3, 2019 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Partners Named 2020 Best Lawyers® August 2019 Learn More
- News BLB&G’s Max Berger Joins the Columbia Law School Public Interest/Public Service Council June 2019 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2022 Guide October 5, 2021 Learn More
- News BLB&G Announces Elevation of Four Partners and One Senior Counsel January 26, 2021 Learn More