The Legal 500 USA Guide (“Legal 500”) has once again named BLB&G a top-tier firm for plaintiff securities litigation – the only firm to have been given this ranking every year since the category’s inception eleven years ago. BLB&G is also ranked a top plaintiff firm for M&A litigation for the sixth year in a row.
Partners Max Berger and Mark Lebovitch were selected as “Leading Lawyers” in the areas of “Securities Litigation: Plaintiff” and “M&A Litigation: Plaintiff,” respectively. Also this year, Mr. Berger was named to Legal 500’s inaugural “Hall of Fame” list, which recognizes practitioners who receive “constant praise by their clients for continued excellence.” According to the publication, fewer than 500 partners in the United States made the list.
The guide also recommends BLB&G partners Salvatore Graziano, Avi Josefson, John Rizio-Hamilton, Gerald Silk, Jeroen van Kwawegen, and David Wales.
Legal 500 highlights BLB&G’s “long and successful history in securities litigation,” having obtained some of “the largest securities fraud recoveries on record,” and designates the firm as “one of the biggest names in the market.” According to the profile, BLB&G is described by clients and peers as “‘top tier, providing superlative scholarship and advocacy’, according to clients, and ‘the best in the country’, according to opposing counsel.’” This year’s profile highlights the firm’s work on high-profile cases against Merck, General Motors and MF Global.
BLB&G’s M&A litigation practice is also acknowledged as one of the firm’s “most prominent practice areas.” Remarking how the firm’s track record in high profile cases “continued last year with remarkable results,” the profile highlights the firm’s achievements in Vaalco Energy, Globe Specialty Metals, and GFI Group.
- Awards The Legal 500 Again Ranks BLB&G a National Tier 1 Firm for Securities Litigation and M&A Litigation June 9, 2021 Learn More
- Awards The Legal 500 Again Ranks BLB&G a National Tier 1 Firm for Securities Litigation and M&A Litigation June 9, 2022 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Recognized as a Top Tier Firm for National and Metropolitan Litigation Practices by U.S. News – Best Lawyers ® “Best Law Firms” 2023 November 4, 2022 Learn More
- Publications “2022 Developments for Auditor Regulation Under the U.S. Securities Laws” by John Rizio-Hamilton, Jesse L. Jensen, and Jasmine Cooper-Little Published in The Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation January 27, 2023 Learn More
- News BLB&G's Catherine van Kampen Appointed Co-Chair of the New York City Bar Association's United Nations Committee September 22, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2023 Guide October 3, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2024 Guide October 24, 2023 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Jerry Silk Serves as “Private Securities Litigation” Panelist at PLI’s 54th Annual Institute on Securities Regulation November 9, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Jerry Silk to Speak at PLI’s 55th Annual Institute on Securities Regulation November 3, 2023 Learn More