The Legal 500 USA Guide (“Legal 500”) has once again named BLB&G a top-tier firm for plaintiff securities litigation – the only firm to have been given this ranking every year since the category’s inception eleven years ago. BLB&G is also ranked a top plaintiff firm for M&A litigation for the sixth year in a row.
Partners Max Berger and Mark Lebovitch were selected as “Leading Lawyers” in the areas of “Securities Litigation: Plaintiff” and “M&A Litigation: Plaintiff,” respectively. Also this year, Mr. Berger was named to Legal 500’s inaugural “Hall of Fame” list, which recognizes practitioners who receive “constant praise by their clients for continued excellence.” According to the publication, fewer than 500 partners in the United States made the list.
The guide also recommends BLB&G partners Salvatore Graziano, Avi Josefson, John Rizio-Hamilton, Gerald Silk, Jeroen van Kwawegen, and David Wales.
Legal 500 highlights BLB&G’s “long and successful history in securities litigation,” having obtained some of “the largest securities fraud recoveries on record,” and designates the firm as “one of the biggest names in the market.” According to the profile, BLB&G is described by clients and peers as “‘top tier, providing superlative scholarship and advocacy’, according to clients, and ‘the best in the country’, according to opposing counsel.’” This year’s profile highlights the firm’s work on high-profile cases against Merck, General Motors and MF Global.
BLB&G’s M&A litigation practice is also acknowledged as one of the firm’s “most prominent practice areas.” Remarking how the firm’s track record in high profile cases “continued last year with remarkable results,” the profile highlights the firm’s achievements in Vaalco Energy, Globe Specialty Metals, and GFI Group.
External Link: Click here for full profile. (link will open in a new window)
- Awards BLB&G Named 2020 Top Securities Practice by Law360 November 30, 2020 Learn More
- Awards The Legal 500 Again Ranks BLB&G a National Tier 1 Firm for Securities Litigation and M&A Litigation June 9, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Legal 500 Again Ranks BLB&G a National Tier 1 Firm for Securities Litigation and M&A Litigation June 2019 Learn More
- Awards Legal 500 Again Ranks BLB&G a National Tier 1 Firm for Securities Litigation and M&A Litigation June 2020 Learn More
- Publications "Important Considerations in Deciding Whether to Opt Out of Securities Class Actions" by Jonathan Uslaner published in Reuters June 23, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "The Importance of Private Securities Litigation as a Complement to 'Worn Out' Regulators" by Scott Foglietta and Brittney Balser published in the New York Law Journal September 27, 2021 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Again Named One of Top Securities and Class Action Practices in the Nation by Law360 January 14, 2019 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Hosts the Forum for Institutional Investors: Protecting Shareholder Rights in New Orleans, LA April 10, 2019 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Named A Top Securities Practice by Law360 January 2020 Learn More