For the eleventh year in a row, Chambers and Partners has again named BLB&G as one of the top plaintiff securities litigation firms in the nation in its 2016 USA Guide to America's Leading Lawyers for Business. Chambers ranks BLB&G a “Band 1” firm in its Nationwide, New York and California categories for the practice area "Litigation: Securities Mainly Plaintiff,” a position it has held every year since the publisher first created the category to recognize a select number of firms who do this high-profile work.
According to Chambers, BLB&G is known for providing “first-class representation in high-value securities litigation,” as well as “impressive expertise in corporate governance concerns.” Clients praise the firm for performing “outstanding service and outstanding representation in the courtroom as well as in negotiations to achieve fair and reasonable settlements. They are very, very skillful litigators – their bench is very deep and led by the top people.”
Chambers’ BLB&G profile highlights several of the firm’s recent achievements, including the $500 million RMBS settlement in Bear Stearns and the $137.5 million in Freeport-McMoRan in which proceeds will be paid directly to investors via a dividend. It also highlights its achievement in MF Global, which settled for $234.4 million.
Individually, Chambers recognized partner Max Berger as a “Star Individual” nationally. Partners Salvatore Graziano, Gerald Silk and Mark Lebovitch were also named among and elite group of notable practitioners in the field. Chambers cites sources describing Mr. Berger as “the very apex of the profession,” a litigator who is “hailed by peers as ‘obviously one of the best, if not the best in his class,’ and as "a great negotiator; he's seen everything three times and knows what to do."
Mr. Graziano is noted by one source as “one of the most intellectual plaintiffs' lawyers I've ever met,” and is praised for his "high-quality" representation of plaintiffs in securities class actions. Chambers quotes interviewees who describe him as "a very, very thoughtful and realistic attorney" who "gets down to the nitty-gritty and does excellent work."
According to Chambers, Mr. Silk is described as "very, very talented" plaintiffs' attorney and a "skillful litigator," and Mr. Lebovitch is lauded as a “young star” by several sources.
- Awards Chambers Again Ranks BLB&G Top Securities Litigation Firm with Band 1 Rankings in All Categories June 1, 2023 Learn More
- Awards Chambers Again Ranks BLB&G Top Securities Litigation Firm June 1, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Chambers Again Ranks BLB&G Top Securities Litigation Firm May 20, 2021 Learn More
- Awards The Legal 500 Again Ranks BLB&G a National Tier 1 Firm for Securities Litigation and M&A Litigation June 9, 2022 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Recognized as a Top Tier Firm for National and Metropolitan Litigation Practices by U.S. News – Best Lawyers ® “Best Law Firms” 2023 November 4, 2022 Learn More
- Awards The Legal 500 Again Ranks BLB&G a National Tier 1 Firm for Securities Litigation and M&A Litigation June 9, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2022 Guide October 5, 2021 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Achieves Top Plaintiff Law Firm Rankings in Latest ISS SCAS "Top 50" Report March 2, 2023 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Named Law Firm of the Year for “Litigation – Mergers & Acquisitions” by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® Best Law Firms 2024 November 7, 2023 Learn More