For the ninth year in row, The Legal 500 USA Guide (“Legal 500”) has named BLB&G a top-tier firm for plaintiff securities litigation – the only firm to have been given this ranking every year since the category’s inception. For the fourth consecutive year, BLB&G is ranked a top plaintiff firm for M&A litigation.
Partners Max Berger and Mark Lebovitch were selected as “Leading Lawyers” in the areas of “Mass tort and class action: plaintiff representation – securities” and “Mergers, acquisitions and buyouts – M&A: litigation,” respectively. The guide also recommends BLB&G partners John Browne, Timothy DeLange, Salvatore Graziano, John Rizio-Hamilton, Gerald Silk, Jeroen van Kwawegen, and David Wales.
Legal 500 describes BLB&G as a firm with a “long-established position as a leader in securities work [that] stems from its willingness to litigate high-profile cases.” Citing a couple of the firm’s “notable successes,” the profile highlights BLB&G’s recent recoveries in mortgage-backed securities cases, including the $280 million recovery in JPMorgan and the $95 million settlement in Morgan Stanley. Max Berger, Gerald Silk, Mark Lebovitch, Salvatore Graziano, John Rizio-Hamilton, John Browne, and San Diego-based Timothy DeLange are credited as “key names in the sizeable team.”
The publication also characterizes BLB&G’s M&A litigation practice as a “reliable and creative plaintiff M&A litigation team,” and credits BLB&G for obtaining “major recoveries and play[ing] a role in improving business practices across the US by creating important new law on behalf of investors” Among the achievements recognized by Legal 500 is BLB&G’s success in obtaining a $70 million net recovery for investors in the case against Jefferies Group, “one of the highest obtained in a merger-related breach of fiduciary duty lawsuit.” Reviewers describe partner Mark Lebovitch as “truly superb” and “performs magnificently in transactional litigation,” while David Wales is praised as a “commendable litigator.”
External Link (link will open in a new window):
Click here to view profile
- News BLB&G Secures Additional Shares for AMC Stockholders in Landmark Recapitalization Settlement April 3, 2023 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Named 2020 Top Securities Practice by Law360 November 30, 2020 Learn More
- Awards Bernstein Litowitz Dominates ISS SCAS List of Top 100 Securities Settlements of All Time February 24, 2021 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Leads ISS SCAS List of Top 100 Securities Settlements of All Time January 25, 2022 Learn More
- Publications “2022 Developments for Auditor Regulation Under the U.S. Securities Laws” by John Rizio-Hamilton, Jesse L. Jensen, and Jasmine Cooper-Little Published in The Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation January 27, 2023 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Leads ISS SCAS List of Top 100 Securities Class-Action Settlements of All Time January 25, 2023 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2023 Guide October 3, 2022 Learn More
- News BLB&G Secures a Historic $1 Billion Settlement for Shareholders in Wells Fargo Securities Class Action May 16, 2023 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2022 Guide October 5, 2021 Learn More