|Court:||United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania|
Bernstein Litowitz Berger & Grossmann LLP was Co-Lead Counsel in the prosecution of this age discrimination class action against First Union Corporation. Approximately 200 former employees of CoreStates Financial Corporation (which was acquired by First Union in 1998), a bank holding company doing business primarily in Pennsylvania, have accused CoreStates of involuntarily terminating them in 1995 as part of what CoreStates referred to as its "BEST" program. They claim that in terminating over 800 employees as part of BEST, CoreStates discriminated against them based on their age (age 40 and over) in violation of the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
The parties settled this action under confidential terms.
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon Serves as Panelist at PLI Program, ESG 2022: What It Means for Boards, Management, and Counsel May 20, 2022 Learn More
- News BLB&G Senior Counsel Catherine van Kampen Appointed Co-Chair of the New York State Bar Association’s Committee on Leadership Development May 20, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Associate Andrew Blumberg Interviewed for ABA's Litigation Section Podcast on Delaware Supreme Court's Recent Brookfield Decision May 19, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Hannah Ross to Speak at PAPERS Spring Forum May 18, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partners John Rizio-Hamilton and Jesse Jensen Present Webinar on Auditor Regulation and Liability Under U.S. Securities Laws May 18, 2022 Learn More