|Court:||United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania|
Bernstein Litowitz Berger & Grossmann LLP was Co-Lead Counsel in the prosecution of this age discrimination class action against First Union Corporation. Approximately 200 former employees of CoreStates Financial Corporation (which was acquired by First Union in 1998), a bank holding company doing business primarily in Pennsylvania, have accused CoreStates of involuntarily terminating them in 1995 as part of what CoreStates referred to as its "BEST" program. They claim that in terminating over 800 employees as part of BEST, CoreStates discriminated against them based on their age (age 40 and over) in violation of the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
The parties settled this action under confidential terms.
- Events BLB&G Hosts Annual 2021 Institutional Shareholder Conference in Amsterdam September 9, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Forensic Linguistics and the Telephone Interview" by Jenna Goldin published by The New York City Fraud Examiner July 21, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Names Six BLB&G Partners to Its “40 & Under Hot List” July 21, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner David Wales Speaks at the Practising Law Institute's webinar "ESG 2021: What It Means for Boards, Management, and Counsel" June 24, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Important Considerations in Deciding Whether to Opt Out of Securities Class Actions" by Jonathan Uslaner published in Reuters June 23, 2021 Learn More