|Court:||United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania|
Bernstein Litowitz Berger & Grossmann LLP was Co-Lead Counsel in the prosecution of this age discrimination class action against First Union Corporation. Approximately 200 former employees of CoreStates Financial Corporation (which was acquired by First Union in 1998), a bank holding company doing business primarily in Pennsylvania, have accused CoreStates of involuntarily terminating them in 1995 as part of what CoreStates referred to as its "BEST" program. They claim that in terminating over 800 employees as part of BEST, CoreStates discriminated against them based on their age (age 40 and over) in violation of the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
The parties settled this action under confidential terms.
- Events BLB&G Senior Counsel Catherine van Kampen to Moderate NJSBA CLE Webinar “What Lawyers Need to Know to Combat Antisemitism” September 8, 2023 Learn More
- News BLB&G Receives Approval of a Landmark $1 Billion Settlement for Shareholders in Wells Fargo Securities Class Action September 8, 2023 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Senior Counsel Catherine van Kampen Recognized as 2023 Outstanding Volunteer by American Bar Association International Law Section August 25, 2023 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Partner Katie Sinderson Appointed Co-Chair of Federal Bar Council Securities Litigation Committee August 23, 2023 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Associates Tim Fleming and Glenn McGillivray Named to Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America August 18, 2023 Learn More