|Court:||United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania|
Bernstein Litowitz Berger & Grossmann LLP was Co-Lead Counsel in the prosecution of this age discrimination class action against First Union Corporation. Approximately 200 former employees of CoreStates Financial Corporation (which was acquired by First Union in 1998), a bank holding company doing business primarily in Pennsylvania, have accused CoreStates of involuntarily terminating them in 1995 as part of what CoreStates referred to as its "BEST" program. They claim that in terminating over 800 employees as part of BEST, CoreStates discriminated against them based on their age (age 40 and over) in violation of the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
The parties settled this action under confidential terms.
- Events BLB&G Partner Mark Lebovitch Will Serve As a Commentator at the University of Pennsylvania Law School's Institute for Law & Economics Fall Corporate Roundtable December 10, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon Will Serve as Panelist At Bloomberg Sustainable Business Summit's Focus on Finance Discussing Preparations for Proxy Season December 9, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Abe Alexander to Present to U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Securities Litigation in Biotech December 2, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Attorneys Rebecca Boon, Ryan Dykhouse and Michael Mathai Will Present At Harvard Law School's Roundtable on How Securities Litigation Can Be a Tool for Social Justice December 2, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner John Rizio-Hamilton Will Serve as Coordinator at Federal Bar Council Webinar, Current Issues in Retail Securities Markets December 2, 2021 Learn More