|Court:||United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania|
Bernstein Litowitz Berger & Grossmann LLP was Co-Lead Counsel in the prosecution of this age discrimination class action against First Union Corporation. Approximately 200 former employees of CoreStates Financial Corporation (which was acquired by First Union in 1998), a bank holding company doing business primarily in Pennsylvania, have accused CoreStates of involuntarily terminating them in 1995 as part of what CoreStates referred to as its "BEST" program. They claim that in terminating over 800 employees as part of BEST, CoreStates discriminated against them based on their age (age 40 and over) in violation of the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
The parties settled this action under confidential terms.
- Awards The National Black Lawyers Association Selects Associate Matthew Traylor for Membership & "Top 40 Under 40" List October 18, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2022 Guide October 5, 2021 Learn More
- Events Katie Sinderson Serves as Panelist at OPFTEC 2021 on "The Role of Securities Litigation in Pension Funds" October 1, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partners John C. Browne and Jeremy Robinson Present "Video Depositions: The Case for Their Continued Relevance in a Post-Quarantine World" Webinar October 1, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Jeroen van Kwawegen Speaks at Broadridge Webinar on "International Opt-In Cases: Evolving Mechanisms for Collective Redress" September 30, 2021 Learn More