|Court:||United States District Court for the District of Columbia|
|Case Number:||13-mc-1288 (RLW)|
|Case Leaders:||Salvatore J. Graziano, Adam H. Wierzbowski|
|Case Team:||Richard D. Gluck, Matthew Traylor|
This is a consolidated class action brought on behalf of shareholders of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (the “Companies”), which have been under government conservatorship since 2008. The action challenges the “Net Worth Sweep,” whereby all of the Companies’ net income is paid to the federal government each quarter. The action alleges that the Net Worth Sweep violates shareholders’ contractual rights and seeks compensatory damages.
On February 21, 2017, BLB&G and the other Co-Interim Lead Counsel achieved an appellate victory when the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals reversed and remanded the district court’s dismissal of the case. BLB&G subsequently filed a second amended complaint, which defendants again moved to dismiss. On September 28, 2018, the Court issued an order upholding plaintiffs’ claims for breach of the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing.
The case is now in the discovery phase, with a trial date of October 19, 2020.
- Events Mark Lebovitch Serves as Panelist for Fordham Law School Symposium: "Here to Stay - Wrestling with the Future of the Quickly Maturing SPAC Market" October 22, 2021 Learn More
- Awards The National Black Lawyers Association Selects Associate Matthew Traylor for Membership & "Top 40 Under 40" List October 18, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2022 Guide October 5, 2021 Learn More
- Events Katie Sinderson Serves as Panelist at OPFTEC 2021 on "The Role of Securities Litigation in Pension Funds" October 1, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partners John C. Browne and Jeremy Robinson Present "Video Depositions: The Case for Their Continued Relevance in a Post-Quarantine World" Webinar October 1, 2021 Learn More