|Court:||United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois|
|Class Period:||11/07/2018 - 12/16/2019|
|Case Leaders:||John C. Browne, Katherine M. Sinderson, Adam Hollander, Abe Alexander, Gerald H. Silk, Scott R. Foglietta|
|Case Team:||James M. Fee, Reiko Cyr|
Securities fraud class action filed on behalf of a class of persons and entities who purchased or acquired the securities of The Boeing Company (“Boeing” or “the Company”) between November 7, 2018 and December 16, 2019 (the "Class Period"). The action alleges violations of the federal securities laws – in that the Company misled investors about the financial prospects for its commercial airplanes by misstating and concealing information about safety problems with the 737 MAX in the wake of investigations after multiples crashes in 2018 and 2019.
On November 15, 2019, the Honorable John J. Tharp, Jr. appointed BLB&G client the Public Employees' Retirement System of Mississippi as Lead Plaintiff and BLB&G as Lead Counsel for the Class in the consolidated class action.
Background on the Alleged Fraud
The Boeing Company is an American multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and sells airplanes, rotorcraft, rockets, satellites, telecommunications equipment, and missiles worldwide. The Company also provides leasing and product support services. Boeing is among the largest global aerospace manufacturers.
In October 2018 and March 2019 two Boeing 737 MAX airplanes crashed. The New York Times reported in March 2019 that the two planes that crashed lacked two safety features that Boeing sold as options on the 737 MAX aircraft. Plaintiffs allege that Boeing mislead investors about the safety and financial prospects for its 737 MAX airplanes by misstating and concealing information about safety problems with the 737 MAX in the wake of crash investigations.
Plaintiffs’ amended complaint was filed on February 14, 2020. As of September 14, 2020, the motion to dismiss is fully briefed and pending before the Court.
- Awards The National Black Lawyers Association Selects Associate Matthew Traylor for Membership & "Top 40 Under 40" List October 18, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2022 Guide October 5, 2021 Learn More
- Events Katie Sinderson Serves as Panelist at OPFTEC 2021 on "The Role of Securities Litigation in Pension Funds" October 1, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partners John C. Browne and Jeremy Robinson Present "Video Depositions: The Case for Their Continued Relevance in a Post-Quarantine World" Webinar October 1, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Jeroen van Kwawegen Speaks at Broadridge Webinar on "International Opt-In Cases: Evolving Mechanisms for Collective Redress" September 30, 2021 Learn More