|Court:||United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois|
|Class Period:||11/07/2018 - 12/16/2019|
|Case Leaders:||John C. Browne, Katherine M. Sinderson, Adam Hollander, Abe Alexander, Gerald H. Silk, Scott R. Foglietta|
|Case Team:||Danielle Disporto, Jonathan G. D’Errico, Mathews R. de Carvalho, Veronica V. Montenegro, Tim Fleming|
Securities fraud class action filed on behalf of a class of persons and entities who purchased or acquired the securities of The Boeing Company (“Boeing” or “the Company”) between November 7, 2018 and December 16, 2019 (the "Class Period"). The action alleges violations of the federal securities laws – in that the Company misled investors about the financial prospects for its commercial airplanes by misstating and concealing information about safety problems with the 737 MAX in the wake of investigations after multiples crashes in 2018 and 2019.
On November 15, 2019, the Honorable John J. Tharp, Jr. appointed BLB&G client the Public Employees' Retirement System of Mississippi as Lead Plaintiff and BLB&G as Lead Counsel for the Class in the consolidated class action.
Background on the Alleged Fraud
The Boeing Company is an American multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and sells airplanes, rotorcraft, rockets, satellites, telecommunications equipment, and missiles worldwide. The Company also provides leasing and product support services. Boeing is among the largest global aerospace manufacturers.
In October 2018 and March 2019 two Boeing 737 MAX airplanes crashed. The New York Times reported in March 2019 that the two planes that crashed lacked two safety features that Boeing sold as options on the 737 MAX aircraft. Plaintiffs allege that Boeing mislead investors about the safety and financial prospects for its 737 MAX airplanes by misstating and concealing information about safety problems with the 737 MAX in the wake of crash investigations.
Plaintiffs’ amended complaint was filed on February 14, 2020. On August 23, 2022, the Court denied Defendants’ motion to dismiss the amended complaint in substantial part. The parties have since proceeded to discovery. On October 3, 2022, the case was reassigned to the Honorable Nancy L. Maldonado.
- News BLB&G Announces Elevation of Two Senior Counsel February 1, 2023 Learn More
- Awards BTI Consulting Group Once Again Names BLB&G an Intimidating Opponent and One of the Most Feared Law Firms in Litigation January 27, 2023 Learn More
- Publications “2022 Developments for Auditor Regulation Under the U.S. Securities Laws” by John Rizio-Hamilton, Jesse L. Jensen, and Jasmine Cooper-Little Published in The Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation January 27, 2023 Learn More
- Publications “The SEC's run at revamping Rule 10b5-1 to deter insider trading” by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Caitlin Bozman Published in Reuters January 26, 2023 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Leads ISS SCAS List of Top 100 Securities Class-Action Settlements of All Time January 25, 2023 Learn More