|Court:||United States District Court for the Northern District of California|
The $259 million cash settlement obtained in this case was granted final approval from the Court on February 23, 2001, at the time making it the largest cash settlement ever recovered from a corporate defendant in a securities fraud class action in the Ninth Circuit.
The lawsuit was filed on behalf of purchasers of 3Com common stock during the period May 19, 1997 through November 6, 1997, alleging that defendants knowingly and recklessly caused 3Com to issue materially false and misleading statements to the financial community regarding the Company's products, inventory and distribution. The Consolidated Amended Class Action Complaint further alleged insider trading on these publicly disseminated materially false and misleading statements.
In this action the firm represented Lead Plaintiffs the Louisiana School Employees' Retirement System and the Louisiana Municipal Police Employees' Retirement System.
- Events BLB&G Partner Jeroen van Kwawegen to Serve as Panelist at Columbia Law School Conference on M&A and Corporate Governance December 1, 2023 Learn More
- Publications “SEC administrative enforcement process called into question, highlighting importance of private actions” by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Chloe Jasper Published in Reuters November 27, 2023 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Greg Varallo to Moderate American College of Governance Counsel Panel November 9, 2023 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon to Moderate Panel at ILEP November 2023 Symposium November 9, 2023 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Senior Counsel Thomas James to Teach “Mergers and Acquisitions” Class at Boston College Law School November 8, 2023 Learn More