|Court:||United States District Court for the Northern District of California|
The $259 million cash settlement obtained in this case was granted final approval from the Court on February 23, 2001, at the time making it the largest cash settlement ever recovered from a corporate defendant in a securities fraud class action in the Ninth Circuit.
The lawsuit was filed on behalf of purchasers of 3Com common stock during the period May 19, 1997 through November 6, 1997, alleging that defendants knowingly and recklessly caused 3Com to issue materially false and misleading statements to the financial community regarding the Company's products, inventory and distribution. The Consolidated Amended Class Action Complaint further alleged insider trading on these publicly disseminated materially false and misleading statements.
In this action the firm represented Lead Plaintiffs the Louisiana School Employees' Retirement System and the Louisiana Municipal Police Employees' Retirement System.
- Events BLB&G's John Rizio-Hamilton and Nicole Santoro To Speak at the Federal Bar Council Panel, "Life of a Federal Law Clerk" September 27, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partners Rebecca Boon and John Rizio-Hamilton Will Co-Present The ABA Webinar ESG Considerations In Securities Litigation September 23, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon Serves as Panelist at The Conference Board’s Leadership Council on Advancing Women September 22, 2022 Learn More
- Awards The New York Law Journal Recognizes Founding Partner Max Berger With Its Lifetime Achievement Award September 21, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Hosts Institutional Shareholder Conference in Amsterdam, Copenhagen, & Stockholm on September 16, 2022 September 16, 2022 Learn More