BLB&G Partner Sal Graziano Quoted in Law360 article, "As Investor Suits Tick Up, Loss Causation May Be A Hard Sell"
May 4, 2020
In an article published on May 4, 2020, Law360 explored the ramifications of the COVID-19 pandemic on securities cases, exploring whether market volatility may make it harder to prove fraud.
BLB&G Partner Sal Graziano was quoted extensively in the article, saying that while there may be more volatility during a global crisis, he does not see that being an issue for shareholders who experience losses due to corporate fraud.
"We saw this in the 2008 crisis on a company-by-company basis where we had no issue demonstrating loss causation," Graziano told Law360. "Bottom line, if you are committing fraud, you should be more worried now than ever. There will be no place to hide in market volatility."
Access the full text of the article below (subscription required) or download the pdf.
- News BLB&G Partner Sal Graziano Provides Commentary in "Supreme Court’s Goldman decision declared a win by investor advocates" by InvestmentNews June 21, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Sal Graziano to Speak at ISS Webinar, “Could 2023 Be a Banner Year for Investor Recoveries? Mid-Year Review: Shareholder Class Actions” August 3, 2023 Learn More
- News Partner Avi Josefson Quoted by Law360 in Article on Current Status of Pandemic-Related Securities Suits March 11, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Chambers Again Ranks BLB&G Top Securities Litigation Firm with Band 1 Rankings in All Categories June 1, 2023 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Sal Graziano Speaks at ISS Panel "Mid-2021 Review: The State of Securities Class Actions" June 8, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Investor Attempts To Hold Cos. Accountable Are Working" by BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon published by Law360 May 18, 2021 Learn More
- News BLB&G Announces Elevation of Four Partners and One Senior Counsel January 26, 2021 Learn More
- News BLB&G Announces Elevation of One Partner and Two Senior Counsel January 21, 2022 Learn More
- News BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon Quoted in Roll Call Article Covering ESG Rules and Proposals February 18, 2022 Learn More