May 30, 2018
BLB&G’s founding partner Max Berger (a proud alumnus and President of the Board of the Baruch College Fund) delivered CUNY's Baruch College commencement address to over 5000 graduates and their families at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY.
In his speech, Mr. Berger recalled how as a Baruch student and Vice President of the Student Council 50 years ago, he and his colleagues successfully mobilized the student body, alumni and faculty, and defeated a proposal to convert Baruch into a two-year upper-division business school. As a result of their efforts, the Board of Education preserved the school as an autonomous four-year public college that still serves the New York City community today.
Mr. Berger’s heartfelt and personal address emphasized the importance of public education in giving the majority of citizens the ability to achieve success. He recognized that Baruch College – with one of the most diverse student bodies of any college in the nation – is today the “brightest star in the City University System, serving thousands upon thousands of upwardly mobile children of immigrants and working-class families with an outstanding four-year college education and graduate school.”
In congratulating the Class of 2018, Mr. Berger extolled the students as “the living embodiment of what is great about our country and our college. That ensures that the children and grandchildren of poverty and privilege all have the opportunity to end up in the same place.”
- News Columbia Law School Praises Success of the Max Berger ’71 Public Interest/Public Service Fellows Program July 18, 2023 Learn More
- Awards Founding Partner Max Berger and Dale Berger Awarded 2021 Commitment to Justice Award by Her Justice March 19, 2021 Learn More
- News BLB&G Founding Partner Max Berger Ensures Sustainable Support for Students Pursuing Careers in Public Interest & Public Service with $3.3 Million Commitment to Columbia Law School Through the Dale and Max Berger Family Foundation December 1, 2021 Learn More
- Awards New York Law Journal Profiles Max Berger as Part of Series Honoring 2022 Lifetime Achievement Winners October 13, 2022 Learn More
- Awards The New York Law Journal Recognizes Founding Partner Max Berger With Its Lifetime Achievement Award September 21, 2022 Learn More
- News The New York Law Journal Highlights Max Berger's Endowment of Columbia Law School's Public Interest/Public Service Fellows Program December 1, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2021 Guide October 7, 2020 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2022 Guide October 5, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Chambers Again Ranks BLB&G Top Securities Litigation Firm June 1, 2022 Learn More