"Forewarned is forearmed: shareholders to benefit from new SEC climate disclosure rules" by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Ryan Dykhouse Published in Reuters
May 9, 2022
In this Reuters article, "Forewarned is forearmed: shareholders to benefit from new SEC climate disclosure rules," BLB&G Partner Jonathan Uslaner and Associate Ryan Dykhouse discuss the recent proposal by the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC), that includes a new rule requiring public companies to include climate-related disclosures in their registration statements and periodic reports. The authors describe the SEC proposal as "a long anticipated and historic move," as the transparency will arm shareholders with the information needed to hold companies accountable and govern their investments. The authors also point out that it is the most comprehensive requirement that the SEC has ever imposed relating to climate disclosures as it goes beyond just disclosure, but mandates companies to develop new procedures and policies to govern corporate climate operations and targets.
Click the link below or access the PDF under "Related Documents" to read the full article.
- Publications "Nasdaq's Board Diversity Rules: Inclusivity is Good Business" by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Thomas Sperber Published in Reuters February 15, 2022 Learn More
- Publications "Gaming the System: Corporate Disclosures and Information Bundling" by Jonathan D. Uslaner published in Reuters September 9, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Important Considerations in Deciding Whether to Opt Out of Securities Class Actions" by Jonathan Uslaner published in Reuters June 23, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "SEC Whistleblower Program Seeing Renewed Support Under Biden Administration" by Jonathan Uslaner and Lauren Cruz Published in Reuters November 29, 2021 Learn More
- News Press Coverage: Williams Companies Stockholder Litigation Trial Challenging Novel Anti-Shareholder Corporate Governance Provision January 13, 2021 Learn More
- Events Jonathan Uslaner Speaks at Class Action Law Forum 2020, Presented by Western Alliance Bank in Collaboration with University of San Diego School of Law March 4, 2020 Learn More
- Publications "3 Financial Market Areas That Need Better Disclosure Regimes" by Adam Hollander and Thomas Sperber Published in Law360 May 5, 2022 Learn More
- News Delaware Law Weekly Article Highlights BLB&G Attorneys Rebecca Boon, Ryan Dykhouse and Michael Mathai's Presentation At Harvard Law School's Roundtable December 1, 2021 Learn More