"Nasdaq's Board Diversity Rules: Inclusivity is Good Business" by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Thomas Sperber Published in Reuters
February 15, 2022
In this Reuters article, "Nasdaq's Board Diversity Rules: Inclusivity is Good Business," BLB&G partner Jonathan Uslaner and associate Thomas Sperber discuss the importance of board diversity and ways to tackle concerning trends, such as the lack of minority representation on corporate boards. Jonathan and Thomas explain that due to the slow progress towards board diversity, Nasdaq recently proposed Rule 5606(f), which requires that companies whose stock is traded on the exchange have diverse board members or disclose why their board is not diverse. The authors also discuss the rule’s potential impact, sharing that it has been heralded as a significant step toward corporate equality and a boon to investors calling for social reform."
Click the link below or access the PDF under "Related Documents" to read the full article.
- Publications "Forewarned is forearmed: shareholders to benefit from new SEC climate disclosure rules" by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Ryan Dykhouse Published in Reuters May 9, 2022 Learn More
- Publications "Gaming the System: Corporate Disclosures and Information Bundling" by Jonathan D. Uslaner published in Reuters September 9, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Important Considerations in Deciding Whether to Opt Out of Securities Class Actions" by Jonathan Uslaner published in Reuters June 23, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "SEC Whistleblower Program Seeing Renewed Support Under Biden Administration" by Jonathan Uslaner and Lauren Cruz Published in Reuters November 29, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "3 Financial Market Areas That Need Better Disclosure Regimes" by Adam Hollander and Thomas Sperber Published in Law360 May 5, 2022 Learn More
- News Press Coverage: Williams Companies Stockholder Litigation Trial Challenging Novel Anti-Shareholder Corporate Governance Provision January 13, 2021 Learn More
- Events Jonathan Uslaner Speaks at Class Action Law Forum 2020, Presented by Western Alliance Bank in Collaboration with University of San Diego School of Law March 4, 2020 Learn More
- News Reuters Highlights BLB&G’s SPAC Case, In re Multiplan Corp Stockholders Litigation, as "Opening the Door to Liability for SPAC Sponsors" January 5, 2022 Learn More