"Why Slack Decision Struck A Nerve With Corporate America" by John C. Browne and Lauren Ormsbee published in Law360
November 4, 2021
"Why Slack Decision Struck A Nerve With Corporate America" by John C. Browne and Lauren Ormsbee was published in Law360's Expert Advisory section on November 4, 2021.
In the article, the authors discuss the aggressive petition for rehearing and rehearing en banc that the defendants in Pirani v. Slack Technologies Inc. filed on November 3, asking the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit to reconsider its recent pro-investor decision in the case.
The authors write, "The strongly worded petition represents just the latest shot in a hotly contested battle that, regardless of how the petition is decided, will likely end in an appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court. The ultimate outcome of this fight between investors and corporate defendants bears close watching, as it will have far-reaching consequences impacting investor rights and the scope of the Securities Act."
Click the link below or access the PDF under "Related Documents" to read the full article.
The authors first discussed Pirani v. Slack Technologies Inc. in May 2021 in an article accessible here that was also published by Law360.
- Publications "Ninth Circuit Slack Decision Withstands En Banc Rehearing Petition: Is A Supreme Court Cert Petition Next?" by BLB&G Partners John C. Browne and Lauren Ormsbee May 4, 2022 Learn More
- News Law360 Highlights John C. Browne and Lauren A. Ormsbee's Article on Pirani v. Slack Technologies As One of Its Most Highly Read November 12, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "9th Circ. Case Could Gut Section 11 Shareholder Protections" by John C. Browne and Lauren Ormsbee published by Law360 May 26, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partners John Browne and Lauren Ormsbee Present Webinar on Emerging Developments in Securities Act Class Action Litigation August 4, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partners John C. Browne and Lauren A. Ormsbee Present Emerging Dynamics Impacting Section 11 Litigation: SPACs, Direct Listings, and PSLRA Litigation Stays Webinar November 12, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "The Year of the SPACs: The Incredible Rise and Welcome Fall of Special Purpose Acquisition Companies" by BLB&G Partners John C. Browne and Lauren Ormsbee May 13, 2021 Learn More
- News BLB&G Partner Lauren Ormsbee Appointed Chair of the New York City Bar Association's Securities Litigation Committee October 3, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Lawdragon Names BLB&G Partners to the 2022 Edition of the "500 Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyers" List July 11, 2022 Learn More