November 9, 2022
BLB&G Partner Jerry Silk spoke on the “Private Securities Litigation” panel at PLI’s 54th Annual Institute on Securities Regulation for the fifth consecutive year. Each year the Institute brings together the nation’s leading securities and corporate legal experts in an effort to better understand securities laws and latest best practices. Panels span a variety of topics and include practical information, insights, and real-world strategies and solutions.
Jerry’s panel focused on the following:
- Trends and themes in securities class action filings and resolutions
- What to expect and how to prepare for ESG claims and other current topics
- Recent developments regarding securities and M&A litigation and shareholder derivative actions
- Current issues regarding D&O insurance
- Federal forum provisions, disclosure standards, rebutting the basic presumption at class certification, the Supreme Court’s decision in Goldman