BLB&G Attorneys Christopher J. Orrico and Andrew Blumberg Teach Seminars at Two Area Law Schools on Delaware Corporate Law
November 9, 2021
Partner Christopher J. Orrico and associate Andrew Blumberg will be teaching seminars at the University of Connecticut School of Law and the Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law in November, focusing on directors’ and officers' Revlon duties in connection with the sale of public companies under Delaware Law.
Christopher and Andrew are both members of BLB&G's Corporate Governance and Shareholder Rights Group, which represents investors interested in exercising a more assertive voice with corporate boards regarding corporate governance issues and the boards' accountability to shareholders. The group regularly prosecutes actions challenging the fairness of highly publicized corporate transactions, and has also litigated, among other things, issues of corporate waste, shareholder voting rights claims, and excessive executive compensation.
Christopher and Andrew are currently counsel in In re Columbia Pipeline Group, Inc. Merger Litigation and In re MINDBODY, Inc. Stockholders Litigation, and acted as lead trial counsel in the October 2021 trial of the In re BGC Partners, Inc. Derivative Litigation.
- News BLB&G Announces Elevation of Two Partners and Four Senior Counsel January 24, 2020 Learn More
- News BLB&G Announces Elevation of Four Partners and One Senior Counsel January 26, 2021 Learn More
- Publications “Sharpening the Tools at Hand: New Rulings Provide Sensible Balance to Section 220 Litigation” by Gregory Varallo, Andrew Blumberg, and Alla Zayenchik published by Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance June 2, 2020 Learn More
- Publications "Keeping Investors From Their Day in Court: The Fight to Shut Out Shareholders Continues with a New Twist" by Jacqueline Ma and Andrew Blumberg Published in The Advocate for Institutional Investors October 2019 Learn More
- Publications "Labor's Capital' at Work: How Pension Funds are the Last Line of Defense Against Fraud" (A Conversation with Professor David Weber) by Kate Aufses Published in The Advocate for Institutional Investors October 2019 Learn More
- News Press Coverage: Williams Companies Stockholder Litigation Trial Challenging Novel Anti-Shareholder Corporate Governance Provision January 13, 2021 Learn More
- News Delaware Justices Affirm BLB&G's Post-Trial Win in Williams, Establishing Critical Delaware Legal Precedent on Poison Pills November 7, 2021 Learn More
- News BLB&G Partner Gregory V. Varallo Quoted in Law360 Article Covering the Appointment of Vice Chancellor Kathaleen S. McCormick as Delaware Chancery Court Successor April 9, 2021 Learn More