March 9, 2020
On March 9, 2020, BLB&G partner Lauren McMillen Ormsbee will participate in the New York City Bar's International Law Conference on the Status of Women to be hosted at the United Nations.
The event, organized by a committee that included BLB&G Associate Catherine van Kampen, will address various topics, including: the status of women and the role of lawyers and the law in improving the status of women; United Nation’s initiatives to improve the status of women; global human rights concerns and abuses specifically impacting women; innovative approaches to improving the lives of women through the rule of law and government policy; elevating women lawyers and fostering diversity within the legal profession; and the role of legal societies, professional organizations and international NGOs in aiding women.
Lauren practices out of BLB&G's New York office, focusing on complex commercial and securities litigation. Representing institutional and private investors in a variety of class and direct actions involving securities fraud and other fiduciary violations, she has successfully prosecuted multiple major litigations obtaining hundreds of millions of dollars in recoveries on behalf of the firm’s clients.
Catherine’s practice concentrates on class action settlement administration. She has extensive experience in complex litigation and litigation management, having overseen attorney teams in many of the firm’s most high-profile cases. Fluent in Dutch, she has served as the lead investigator and led discovery efforts in actions involving international corporations and financial institutions headquartered in Belgium and the Netherlands.
To register, please click here.
External Link (link will open in a new window):
Click here for more information.
- News BLB&G Secures Additional Shares for AMC Stockholders in Landmark Recapitalization Settlement April 3, 2023 Learn More
- Events Lauren Ormsbee and Catherine van Kampen Speak at the NYCBA's Third Annual International Law Conference on the Status of Women March 3, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G's Catherine van Kampen and Katie Sinderson to Speak at NYCBA’s 4th Annual Law Conference on the Status of Women March 2, 2023 Learn More
- Events Catherine van Kampen Serves as Key Organizer for the Second Annual International Law Conference on the Status of Women March 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Lauren Ormsbee to Speak at NYCBA Securities Litigation & Enforcement Institute 2023 January 23, 2023 Learn More
- Publications “Section 11’s Tracing Doctrine Goes Up to the Supreme Court” by John C. Browne and Lauren Ormsbee Published in The Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation March 17, 2023 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Hosts Institutional Shareholder Conference in Amsterdam, Copenhagen, & Stockholm on September 16, 2022 September 16, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Celebrates Women’s International Legal Efforts at NYCBA Conference March 24, 2023 Learn More
- Publications "9th Circ. Case Could Gut Section 11 Shareholder Protections" by John C. Browne and Lauren Ormsbee published by Law360 May 26, 2021 Learn More