June 9, 2022
The Legal 500 has again named BLB&G a top-tier firm in both the Securities Litigation: Plaintiff and M&A Litigation: Plaintiff categories – the only firm to achieve this dual ranking.
For the Securities Litigation: Plaintiff category, the guide describes BLB&G as follows: "'Top-notch, best-in-class,' say clients of Bernstein Litowitz Berger & Grossmann LLP's securities litigation practice, noting that its lawyers are 'highly skilled and knowledgeable, professional and easy to deal with, while being tenacious for their clients.' The firm has been involved in some of the most significant shareholder actions in US history."
The Legal 500 individually recognizes partners Max Berger, Rebecca Boon, John Browne, Sal Graziano, John Rizio-Hamilton, Hannah Ross, Jerry Silk, Katherine Sinderson, and Jeroen van Kwawegen as heavyweight plaintiff lawyers at the firm.
- Max Berger is named to the Hall of Fame list;
- Sal Graziano is recognized as a Leading Lawyer;
- Rebecca Boon and Katie Sinderson are recognized as Next Generation Partners, with Rebecca being described as "a key player in MeToo cases;"
- John Rizio-Hamilton and John Browne are noted as "securities fraud experts;"
- Jeroen van Kwawegen is described as a "corporate governance specialist;" and
- Sal Graziano, Hannah Ross, and Jerry Silk are noted for their work as department leaders, with Hannah being described as "very personable and informative."
The full results of this year's Securities Litigation: Plaintiff rankings can be viewed here.
For M&A litigation category, the guide quotes market sources who describe BLB&G as follows: "The Bernstein Litowitz team has made a huge mark in Delaware since they opened an office here in town. They combine the clients, the horsepower and the capabilities of a big New York firm along with an integrated local touch. That is a fearsome combination." Another source is quoted describing the practice as, "leav[ing] no stone unturned in the preparation of concisely drafted materials and excellent strategic framework[s] for dispute resolution."
The Legal 500 individually recognizes partners Mark Lebovitch, Christopher Orrico, Edward Timlin, Jeroen van Kwawegen, and Greg Varallo.
- Mark Lebovitch is named to the Hall of Fame list for his work leading the corporate governance department and is described as being able to "spot a good case from a mile away;"
- Jeroen van Kwawegen, who co-leads the corporate governance department, is recognized as a Leading Lawyer and described as "a great trial lawyer;"
- Christopher Orrico is recognized as a Next Generation Partner; and
- Christopher Orrico, Edward Timlin, and Greg Varallo are noted as key lawyers, with Greg described as having "an artful touch."
The full results of this year's M&A litigation Plaintiff rankings can be viewed here.
- Awards The Legal 500 Again Ranks BLB&G a National Tier 1 Firm for Securities Litigation and M&A Litigation June 9, 2021 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Recognized as a Top Tier Firm for National and Metropolitan Litigation Practices by U.S. News – Best Lawyers ® “Best Law Firms” 2023 November 4, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Chambers Again Ranks BLB&G Top Securities Litigation Firm with Band 1 Rankings in All Categories June 1, 2023 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2022 Guide October 5, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Chambers Again Ranks BLB&G Top Securities Litigation Firm June 1, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2023 Guide October 3, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Chambers Again Ranks BLB&G Top Securities Litigation Firm May 20, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2024 Guide October 24, 2023 Learn More