June 9, 2021
For another year, The Legal 500 has named BLB&G a top-tier firm in both the Securities Litigation: Plaintiff and M&A Litigation: Plaintiff categories – the only firm to achieve this dual ranking.
Praised as “a firm that distinguishes itself time and time again," the guide cites sources that describe BLB&G as “like the SEC on steroids" and highlights BLB&G’s success in recovering $240 million for investors in In re Signet Jewelers Limited Securities Litigation, and $74 million in In re SunEdison, Inc. Securities Litigation, among other key recoveries for institutional investor clients.
Partners Max Berger, Rebecca Boon, John Browne, Sal Graziano, Jeroen van Kwawegen, John Rizio-Hamilton, Hannah Ross, Jerry Silk, and Katie Sinderson were all recognized under the Securities Litigation: Plaintiff category. Max Berger, who has been regularly selected as a Leading Lawyer in both the Securities Litigation: Plaintiff and M&A Litigation: Plaintiff categories, was named to Legal 500’s Hall of Fame list, which recognizes practitioners for continued excellence. The guide also named Sal Graziano a Leading Lawyer, and Rebecca Boon and Katie Sinderson as Next Generation Partners. Legal 500 also named Max Berger, Rebecca Boon, John Browne, John Rizio-Hamilton, Hannah Ross, and Jeroen van Kwawegen as Key Lawyers while recognizing Salvatore Graziano and Jerry Silk for their work as department leaders.
In the M&A Litigation: Plaintiff category, Legal 500 recognizes partners Mark Lebovitch, Greg Varallo, Jeroen van Kwawegen, and David Wales. Mark Lebovitch was named to Legal 500’s Hall of Fame list for his work leading the corporate governance department. Jeroen van Kwawegen, who co-leads this department, was also recognized as a Leading Lawyer. Greg Varallo and David Wales also received mention as Key Lawyers, with Greg described as "a force in the plaintiff bar" and David recognized for his role in securing a $52 million settlement for shareholders of real estate investment trust New Senior.
External Link (link will open in a new window):
Click here to read the full article.
- Awards Chambers Again Ranks BLB&G Top Securities Litigation Firm With Band 1 Rankings In All Categories April 23, 2020 Learn More
- Awards The Legal 500 Again Ranks BLB&G a National Tier 1 Firm for Securities Litigation and M&A Litigation June 9, 2022 Learn More
- Publications “2022 Developments for Auditor Regulation Under the U.S. Securities Laws” by John Rizio-Hamilton, Jesse L. Jensen, and Jasmine Cooper-Little Published in The Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation January 27, 2023 Learn More
- Awards Legal 500 Again Ranks BLB&G a National Tier 1 Firm for Securities Litigation and M&A Litigation June 2020 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Recognized as a Top Tier Firm for National and Metropolitan Litigation Practices by U.S. News – Best Lawyers ® “Best Law Firms” 2023 November 4, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2022 Guide October 5, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2021 Guide October 7, 2020 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Identified as Most Respected Securities Plaintiffs' Law Firm by Inigo Insurance Survey Respondents March 2, 2022 Learn More