May 18, 2016
The Daily Journal has named BLB&G Partner Jonathan Uslaner among its "Top 40 Under 40" legal professionals in the state of California.
The publication highlights Mr. Uslaner’s impressive career achievements as a securities litigator, having recovered over $3 billion for investors in securities class actions against major financial institutions and Wall Street banks. Specifically, the profile discusses his role in recovering over $2.43 in In re Bank of America Securities litigation, and his pivotal role in prosecuting Cambridge Place Investment Management Inc. v. Morgan Stanley & Co., Inc. – a mortgage fraud case against over a dozen financial institutions that settled for undisclosed terms. The Daily Journal also praises Mr. Uslaner for securing a $219 million settlement from Genworth Financial, Inc. for understating its insurance reserves, acknowledging his involvement in every aspect of the litigation.
In his profile, Mr. Uslaner describes his work in securities litigation as a “fascinating field.” According to him, “Corporate actors seem to develop new ways to commit fraud, so it keeps the practice entertaining and it keeps the field developing and the nature of the cases evolving.”
Mr. Uslaner also credits BLB&G for advancing his career, not only for its “open door policy” allowing him to working directly with seasoned litigators, but also for its encouragement of “relatively junior partners to stay on top of all cutting-edge legal issues.”
- Publications "Nasdaq's Board Diversity Rules: Inclusivity is Good Business" by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Thomas Sperber Published in Reuters February 15, 2022 Learn More
- Publications "Important Considerations in Deciding Whether to Opt Out of Securities Class Actions" by Jonathan Uslaner published in Reuters June 23, 2021 Learn More
- Publications “The SEC is inching closer to clarity on cybersecurity requirements” by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Jasmine Cooper-Little Published in Reuters April 20, 2023 Learn More
- Publications "SEC Whistleblower Program Seeing Renewed Support Under Biden Administration" by Jonathan Uslaner and Lauren Cruz Published in Reuters November 29, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Will the SEC's proposed climate risk disclosure rules survive Supreme Court scrutiny?" by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Will Horowitz Published in Reuters August 9, 2022 Learn More
- Publications “Whistleblowers or scoundrels: unpacking the debate on short selling bans” by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Aasiya Glover Published in Reuters July 19, 2023 Learn More
- Publications "Is any lead plaintiff better than no lead plaintiff? Some courts say no" by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Scott Foglietta Published in Reuters October 26, 2022 Learn More
- Publications “The SEC's run at revamping Rule 10b5-1 to deter insider trading” by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Caitlin Bozman Published in Reuters January 26, 2023 Learn More
- Publications "Gaming the System: Corporate Disclosures and Information Bundling" by Jonathan D. Uslaner published in Reuters September 9, 2021 Learn More