February 11, 2016
At its annual US awards ceremony, Benchmark Litigation named partner Mark Lebovitch the national “Plaintiff Attorney of the Year” from an elite group of five finalists. This is a singular honor recognizing his groundbreaking work successfully representing shareholders in seminal and precedent-setting cases that have strengthened and protected the shareholder franchise.
Mr. Lebovitch has long been recognized by Benchmark as a New York “litigation star” and as one of the country’s top trial lawyers by numerous other industry observers (including Chambers, Legal 500, Lawdragon, Law360 and Best Lawyers).
He heads the firm's corporate governance litigation practice, focusing on derivative suits and transactional litigation. Working with his institutional investor clients, Mr. Lebovitch has helped develop critical new law in the fight to hold management accountable by aggressively pursuing meaningful and novel challenges to alleged corporate governance-related misconduct and anti-shareholder practices. He has prosecuted numerous high-profile cases on behalf of institutional investors to preliminary injunctions and to trial, obtaining billions of dollars for investors and achieving unprecedented governance improvements. Mr. Lebovitch also prosecutes securities litigations, and in that capacity was the lead litigation attorney in In re Merrill Lynch Bondholders Litigation, which settled for $150 million, and was a member of the team prosecuting In re Bank of America Securities Litigation, which settled for $2.425 billion to shareholders.
Benchmark Litigation is compiled by the publishers of leading financial news magazines Institutional Investor and Euromoney and identifies the leading U.S. trial attorneys and firms at the local and national levels. Focused exclusively on the U.S. litigation market, the publication's rankings and editorials are the result of extensive interviews with private practice lawyers and in-house counsel.
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Shortlists Mark Lebovitch for Plaintiff Litigator of the Year Award February 8, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Shortlists BLB&G For Plaintiff Firm of the Year Award February 8, 2022 Learn More
- News Mark Lebovitch and Gregory V. Varallo Quoted in Law360 article, "Delaware's Appeal For Firms Outshines Virus Uncertainty" March 16, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2021 Guide October 7, 2020 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2022 Guide October 5, 2021 Learn More
- Awards The New York Law Journal Names Mark Lebovitch Its 2019 “Attorney of the Year" October 23, 2019 Learn More
- Events Mark Lebovitch and Greg Varallo Address Delaware Landscape at Skytop Strategies’ “Shareholder Activism 2019” November 19, 2019 Learn More
- Events Mark Lebovitch Speaks At Sandpiper Partners Conference "SPACs, De-SPACs and SPAC Litigation: Current Developments, Litigation, Investigations, and What's on the Horizon?" September 28, 2021 Learn More
- Awards The Legal 500 Again Ranks BLB&G a National Tier 1 Firm for Securities Litigation and M&A Litigation June 9, 2021 Learn More