August 17, 2015
BLB&G partner Mark Lebovitch has been selected New York City “Lawyer of the Year” by The Best Lawyers in America© for his exceptional work in mergers and acquisitions litigation.
Considered the "oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession" (The American Lawyer), national legal periodical Best Lawyers recognizes a select group of outstanding attorneys each year. The guide is a result of a national survey involving more than 5.5 million detailed evaluations of lawyers by other lawyers, and is regarded by both the legal profession and the public as one of the definitive guides to legal excellence in the U.S. Since the guide is peer reviewed, a listing in Best Lawyers® is widely considered within the legal profession as a "significant honor, conferred on a lawyer by his or her peers."
Mr. Lebovitch is primarily responsible for the firm's corporate governance litigation practice, focusing on derivative suits and transactional litigation. He has prosecuted numerous high-profile cases on behalf of institutional investors to preliminary injunctions and to trial, obtaining billions of dollars for investors and achieving unprecedented corporate governance improvements. Mr. Lebovitch also prosecutes securities litigations, and in that capacity was the lead litigation attorney in In re Merrill Lynch Bondholders Litigation, which settled for $150 million, and is a member of the team prosecuting In re Bank of America Securities Litigation, which has settled for $2.425 billion to shareholders.
- News Mark Lebovitch and Gregory V. Varallo Quoted in Law360 article, "Delaware's Appeal For Firms Outshines Virus Uncertainty" March 16, 2021 Learn More
- Awards The New York Law Journal Names Mark Lebovitch Its 2019 “Attorney of the Year" October 23, 2019 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G’s Mark Lebovitch Selected an Adviser on ALI’s “Restatement of the Law, Corporate Governance” Project April 1, 2019 Learn More
- Events Mark Lebovitch Speaks At Sandpiper Partners Conference "SPACs, De-SPACs and SPAC Litigation: Current Developments, Litigation, Investigations, and What's on the Horizon?" September 28, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Mark Lebovitch Will Serve as a Panelist at CII-NYU Corporate Governance Bootcamp on The Role of Institutional Investors in Shareholder Litigation November 19, 2021 Learn More
- Events Mark Lebovitch and Greg Varallo Address Delaware Landscape at Skytop Strategies’ “Shareholder Activism 2019” November 19, 2019 Learn More
- Events Mark Lebovitch Discusses D&O Exposure in Transactional Contexts in New York City Bar Program May 7, 2019 Learn More
- News BLB&G Partner Mark Lebovitch Quoted in Fortune magazine on Business Roundtable’s Repudiation of Shareholder Primacy August 2019 Learn More
- Events Mark Lebovitch Serves as Panelist for Fordham Law School Symposium: "Here to Stay - Wrestling with the Future of the Quickly Maturing SPAC Market" October 22, 2021 Learn More