|Court:||United States District Court for the Southern District of New York|
|Class Period:||01/01/2007 - 10/05/2007|
On February 7, 2008, Judge Richard J. Holwell appointed Bernstein Litowitz Berger & Grossmann LLP, together with the law firms of Keller Rohrback L.L.P. and Berman DeValerio Pease Tabacco Burt & Pucillo, as Co-Lead Counsel and interim class counsel in this consolidated class action case, which alleges that defendant State Street Bank and Trust Company and its affiliate, State Street Global Advisors, Inc., (collectively, "State Street") breached their fiduciary duties under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 ("ERISA") by failing to prudently manage the assets of ERISA plans invested in State Street fixed income funds (the "Bond Funds") during 2007.
After well over a year of litigation, during which Bernstein Litowitz Berger & Grossmann LLP and its co-counsel reviewed over 13 million pages of documents and took over 30 depositions, the parties negotiated an all-cash $89.75 million settlement of the claims asserted in this action, subject to court approval.
On October 28, 2009, the Court entered an order preliminarily approving the parties' settlement. The Court held a Final Approval Hearing date of February 17, 2010. The Court issued an order and final judgment approving the settlement on February 22, 2010.
- Events BLB&G Hosts Annual 2021 Institutional Shareholder Conference in Amsterdam September 9, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Forensic Linguistics and the Telephone Interview" by Jenna Goldin published by The New York City Fraud Examiner July 21, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Names Six BLB&G Partners to Its “40 & Under Hot List” July 21, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner David Wales Speaks at the Practising Law Institute's webinar "ESG 2021: What It Means for Boards, Management, and Counsel" June 24, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Important Considerations in Deciding Whether to Opt Out of Securities Class Actions" by Jonathan Uslaner published in Reuters June 23, 2021 Learn More