|Court:||New Jersey Superior Court, Atlantic County|
A class action lawsuit alleging that Medical Manager Corporation violated the New Jersey Unfair Trade Practices Act when the company aggressively marketed non-Year 2000 compliant computer software versions of The Medical Manager, without disclosing that the software was unable to process dates after December 31, 1999 and now charging for a Year 2000 upgrade. The class includes all purchasers of The Medical Manager software prior to Version 9.0 which was released on November 17, 1997.
Company agreed to provide free upgrades.
- Awards BTI Consulting Group Once Again Names BLB&G an Intimidating Opponent and One of the Most Feared Law Firms in Litigation January 27, 2023 Learn More
- Publications “2022 Developments for Auditor Regulation Under the U.S. Securities Laws” by John Rizio-Hamilton, Jesse L. Jensen, and Jasmine Cooper-Little Published in The Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation January 27, 2023 Learn More
- Publications “The SEC's run at revamping Rule 10b5-1 to deter insider trading” by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Caitlin Bozman Published in Reuters January 26, 2023 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Leads ISS SCAS List of Top 100 Securities Class-Action Settlements of All Time January 25, 2023 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Senior Counsel Catherine van Kampen to Speak at ABA International Law Section Event January 25, 2023 Learn More