|Court:||New Jersey Superior Court, Atlantic County|
A class action lawsuit alleging that Medical Manager Corporation violated the New Jersey Unfair Trade Practices Act when the company aggressively marketed non-Year 2000 compliant computer software versions of The Medical Manager, without disclosing that the software was unable to process dates after December 31, 1999 and now charging for a Year 2000 upgrade. The class includes all purchasers of The Medical Manager software prior to Version 9.0 which was released on November 17, 1997.
Company agreed to provide free upgrades.
- Events BLB&G Partner Katie Sinderson to Appear as Guest Panelist at Skadden Arp’s 16th Annual Securities Litigation and Regulatory Enforcement Update December 5, 2023 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Jeroen van Kwawegen to Serve as Panelist at Columbia Law School Conference on M&A and Corporate Governance December 1, 2023 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Senior Counsel Jai Chandrasekhar to Speak at Annual Asia Pacific Association for Fiduciary Studies Conference November 29, 2023 Learn More
- Publications “SEC administrative enforcement process called into question, highlighting importance of private actions” by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Chloe Jasper Published in Reuters November 27, 2023 Learn More
- Publications “‘Optimizing’ and Match: Bad Policy Threatens to Drive Bad Law” by Gregory Varallo, Andrew Blumberg, and James Janison Published by Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance November 13, 2023 Learn More