|Court:||United States District Court for the Southern District of New York|
Plaintiffs filed this consumer fraud class action on behalf of over four million New Yorkers who maintain health insurance with or through Empire Blue Cross & Blue Shield. The lawsuit contends that Empire improperly overcharged plan participants for co-payments by obtaining reduced rates for services from healthcare providers, and not passing on the savings to the insureds.
Settled for $5.6 million - 100% of class damages.
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2022 Guide October 5, 2021 Learn More
- Events Katie Sinderson Serves as Panelist at OPFTEC 2021 on "The Role of Securities Litigation in Pension Funds" October 1, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partners John C. Browne and Jeremy Robinson Present "Video Depositions: The Case for Their Continued Relevance in a Post-Quarantine World" Webinar October 1, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Jeroen van Kwawegen Speaks at Broadridge Webinar on "International Opt-In Cases: Evolving Mechanisms for Collective Redress" September 30, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Abe Alexander and Northeastern University Provost David Madigan Present Webinar on "Biostatistics for Lawyers" September 30, 2021 Learn More