|Court:||United States District Court for the Southern District of New York|
Plaintiffs filed this consumer fraud class action on behalf of over four million New Yorkers who maintain health insurance with or through Empire Blue Cross & Blue Shield. The lawsuit contends that Empire improperly overcharged plan participants for co-payments by obtaining reduced rates for services from healthcare providers, and not passing on the savings to the insureds.
Settled for $5.6 million - 100% of class damages.
- Events BLB&G Hosts Annual 2021 Institutional Shareholder Conference in Amsterdam September 9, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Forensic Linguistics and the Telephone Interview" by Jenna Goldin published by The New York City Fraud Examiner July 21, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Names Six BLB&G Partners to Its “40 & Under Hot List” July 21, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner David Wales Speaks at the Practising Law Institute's webinar "ESG 2021: What It Means for Boards, Management, and Counsel" June 24, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Important Considerations in Deciding Whether to Opt Out of Securities Class Actions" by Jonathan Uslaner published in Reuters June 23, 2021 Learn More