|Court:||United States District Court for the Southern District of New York|
Plaintiffs filed this consumer fraud class action on behalf of over four million New Yorkers who maintain health insurance with or through Empire Blue Cross & Blue Shield. The lawsuit contends that Empire improperly overcharged plan participants for co-payments by obtaining reduced rates for services from healthcare providers, and not passing on the savings to the insureds.
Settled for $5.6 million - 100% of class damages.
- Events BLB&G Associate Brittney Balser to Speak on GAPPT Trustee School Panel, “What Happened to This Bank? An Investor’s Perspective on Bank Failures, Contagion, and Fraud” September 12, 2023 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Senior Counsel Catherine van Kampen to Moderate NJSBA CLE Webinar “What Lawyers Need to Know to Combat Antisemitism” September 8, 2023 Learn More
- News BLB&G Receives Approval of a Landmark $1 Billion Settlement for Shareholders in Wells Fargo Securities Class Action September 8, 2023 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Senior Counsel Catherine van Kampen Recognized as 2023 Outstanding Volunteer by American Bar Association International Law Section August 25, 2023 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Partner Katie Sinderson Appointed Co-Chair of Federal Bar Council Securities Litigation Committee August 23, 2023 Learn More