|Court:||United States District Court for the Southern District of New York|
Plaintiffs filed this consumer fraud class action on behalf of over four million New Yorkers who maintain health insurance with or through Empire Blue Cross & Blue Shield. The lawsuit contends that Empire improperly overcharged plan participants for co-payments by obtaining reduced rates for services from healthcare providers, and not passing on the savings to the insureds.
Settled for $5.6 million - 100% of class damages.
- News BLB&G Associate Mae Oberste Appointed to Delaware State Bar Association's Executive Committee June 28, 2022 Learn More
- News BLB&G Associate Jonathan D'Errico Appointed Member of the American Bar Association's Center for Human Rights Advisory Council June 22, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Katie Sinderson to Speak at ISS Webinar, "The Importance of ESG Shareholder Class Actions" June 15, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Hannah Ross to Speak at NAPPA 2022 Legal Education Conference June 13, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Adam Hollander Serves as Guest Lecturer at The George Washington University Law School Discussing "Ethics: Integrity and Honesty" June 9, 2022 Learn More