|Court:||Sixth Circuit Court of the 20th Judicial District, Nashville-Davidson County Tennessee|
|Case Leaders:||Mark Lebovitch, Katherine M. Sinderson|
Dollar General Corporation (“Dollar General” or the “Company”) is a Nashville, Tennessee corporation that operates retail stores selling discounted household goods. In early March, 2007, Dollar General announced that its board of directors had approved the acquisition of the Company by the private equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. (“KKR”). On March 13, 2007, BLB&G filed a class action complaint against the directors of the Company for breaches of fiduciary duty related to the proposed acquisition and against KKR for aiding and abetting those breaches. The complaint alleges that the “going private” offer was approved as a result of breaches of fiduciary duty by the board and that the price offered by KKR did not reflect the fair value of Dollar General’s publicly-held shares.
The Court appointed BLB&G Co-Lead Counsel and City of Miami General Employees’ & Sanitation Employees’ Retirement Trust as Co-Lead Plaintiff. The Court has granted final approval of a $40 million settlement (with a potential for $17 million more for the Class).
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon Serves as Panelist at PLI Program, ESG 2022: What It Means for Boards, Management, and Counsel May 20, 2022 Learn More
- News BLB&G Senior Counsel Catherine van Kampen Appointed Co-Chair of the New York State Bar Association’s Committee on Leadership Development May 20, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Associate Andrew Blumberg Interviewed for ABA's Litigation Section Podcast on Delaware Supreme Court's Recent Brookfield Decision May 19, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Hannah Ross to Speak at PAPERS Spring Forum May 18, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partners John Rizio-Hamilton and Jesse Jensen Present Webinar on Auditor Regulation and Liability Under U.S. Securities Laws May 18, 2022 Learn More