|Court:||Sixth Circuit Court of the 20th Judicial District, Nashville-Davidson County Tennessee|
|Case Leaders:||Mark Lebovitch, Katherine M. Sinderson|
Dollar General Corporation (“Dollar General” or the “Company”) is a Nashville, Tennessee corporation that operates retail stores selling discounted household goods. In early March, 2007, Dollar General announced that its board of directors had approved the acquisition of the Company by the private equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. (“KKR”). On March 13, 2007, BLB&G filed a class action complaint against the directors of the Company for breaches of fiduciary duty related to the proposed acquisition and against KKR for aiding and abetting those breaches. The complaint alleges that the “going private” offer was approved as a result of breaches of fiduciary duty by the board and that the price offered by KKR did not reflect the fair value of Dollar General’s publicly-held shares.
The Court appointed BLB&G Co-Lead Counsel and City of Miami General Employees’ & Sanitation Employees’ Retirement Trust as Co-Lead Plaintiff. The Court has granted final approval of a $40 million settlement (with a potential for $17 million more for the Class).
- Events Mark Lebovitch Serves as Panelist for Fordham Law School Symposium: "Here to Stay - Wrestling with the Future of the Quickly Maturing SPAC Market" October 22, 2021 Learn More
- Awards The National Black Lawyers Association Selects Associate Matthew Traylor for Membership & "Top 40 Under 40" List October 18, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2022 Guide October 5, 2021 Learn More
- Events Katie Sinderson Serves as Panelist at OPFTEC 2021 on "The Role of Securities Litigation in Pension Funds" October 1, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partners John C. Browne and Jeremy Robinson Present "Video Depositions: The Case for Their Continued Relevance in a Post-Quarantine World" Webinar October 1, 2021 Learn More