|Court:||Sixth Circuit Court of the 20th Judicial District, Nashville-Davidson County Tennessee|
|Case Leaders:||Mark Lebovitch, Katherine M. Sinderson|
Dollar General Corporation (“Dollar General” or the “Company”) is a Nashville, Tennessee corporation that operates retail stores selling discounted household goods. In early March, 2007, Dollar General announced that its board of directors had approved the acquisition of the Company by the private equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. (“KKR”). On March 13, 2007, BLB&G filed a class action complaint against the directors of the Company for breaches of fiduciary duty related to the proposed acquisition and against KKR for aiding and abetting those breaches. The complaint alleges that the “going private” offer was approved as a result of breaches of fiduciary duty by the board and that the price offered by KKR did not reflect the fair value of Dollar General’s publicly-held shares.
The Court appointed BLB&G Co-Lead Counsel and City of Miami General Employees’ & Sanitation Employees’ Retirement Trust as Co-Lead Plaintiff. The Court has granted final approval of a $40 million settlement (with a potential for $17 million more for the Class).
- Events BLB&G Hosts Annual 2021 Institutional Shareholder Conference in Amsterdam September 9, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Forensic Linguistics and the Telephone Interview" by Jenna Goldin published by The New York City Fraud Examiner July 21, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Names Six BLB&G Partners to Its “40 & Under Hot List” July 21, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner David Wales Speaks at the Practising Law Institute's webinar "ESG 2021: What It Means for Boards, Management, and Counsel" June 24, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Important Considerations in Deciding Whether to Opt Out of Securities Class Actions" by Jonathan Uslaner published in Reuters June 23, 2021 Learn More