|Court:||Second Judicial District Court, Washoe County, Nevada|
|Case Leader:||Mark Lebovitch|
Shareholder class action filed on behalf of BLB&G client the City of Pontiac General Employees' Retirement System against members of the Arena Resources, Inc. board of directors ("Defendants") for breaching their fiduciary duties in connection with a proposed merger (the "Proposed Transaction") with fellow oil and gas exploration company SandRidge Energy, Inc. ("SandRidge").
After expedited discovery and on the eve of the preliminary injunction hearing, BLB&G successfully negotiated a favorable settlement with Defendants. The settlement required Defendants to significantly revise the merger agreement and its deal protections. Additionally, the settlement forced Defendants to make extensive and substantive disclosures in their joint proxy statement allowing Arena's shareholders to cast an informed ballot on whether to approve the Proposed Transaction. A hearing to approve the settlement was held on September 10, 2010 and the Honorable Patrick Flanagan, District Judge, issued an order approving the settlement in its entirety on September 30, 2010.
- Events BLB&G Hosts Annual 2021 Institutional Shareholder Conference in Amsterdam September 9, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Forensic Linguistics and the Telephone Interview" by Jenna Goldin published by The New York City Fraud Examiner July 21, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Names Six BLB&G Partners to Its “40 & Under Hot List” July 21, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner David Wales Speaks at the Practising Law Institute's webinar "ESG 2021: What It Means for Boards, Management, and Counsel" June 24, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Important Considerations in Deciding Whether to Opt Out of Securities Class Actions" by Jonathan Uslaner published in Reuters June 23, 2021 Learn More