|Court:||Second Judicial District Court, Washoe County, Nevada|
|Case Leader:||Mark Lebovitch|
Shareholder class action filed on behalf of BLB&G client the City of Pontiac General Employees' Retirement System against members of the Arena Resources, Inc. board of directors ("Defendants") for breaching their fiduciary duties in connection with a proposed merger (the "Proposed Transaction") with fellow oil and gas exploration company SandRidge Energy, Inc. ("SandRidge").
After expedited discovery and on the eve of the preliminary injunction hearing, BLB&G successfully negotiated a favorable settlement with Defendants. The settlement required Defendants to significantly revise the merger agreement and its deal protections. Additionally, the settlement forced Defendants to make extensive and substantive disclosures in their joint proxy statement allowing Arena's shareholders to cast an informed ballot on whether to approve the Proposed Transaction. A hearing to approve the settlement was held on September 10, 2010 and the Honorable Patrick Flanagan, District Judge, issued an order approving the settlement in its entirety on September 30, 2010.
- News BLB&G Announces Elevation of Two Senior Counsel February 1, 2023 Learn More
- Awards BTI Consulting Group Once Again Names BLB&G an Intimidating Opponent and One of the Most Feared Law Firms in Litigation January 27, 2023 Learn More
- Publications “2022 Developments for Auditor Regulation Under the U.S. Securities Laws” by John Rizio-Hamilton, Jesse L. Jensen, and Jasmine Cooper-Little Published in The Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation January 27, 2023 Learn More
- Publications “The SEC's run at revamping Rule 10b5-1 to deter insider trading” by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Caitlin Bozman Published in Reuters January 26, 2023 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Leads ISS SCAS List of Top 100 Securities Class-Action Settlements of All Time January 25, 2023 Learn More