|Court:||Second Judicial District Court, Washoe County, Nevada|
|Case Leader:||Mark Lebovitch|
Shareholder class action filed on behalf of BLB&G client the City of Pontiac General Employees' Retirement System against members of the Arena Resources, Inc. board of directors ("Defendants") for breaching their fiduciary duties in connection with a proposed merger (the "Proposed Transaction") with fellow oil and gas exploration company SandRidge Energy, Inc. ("SandRidge").
After expedited discovery and on the eve of the preliminary injunction hearing, BLB&G successfully negotiated a favorable settlement with Defendants. The settlement required Defendants to significantly revise the merger agreement and its deal protections. Additionally, the settlement forced Defendants to make extensive and substantive disclosures in their joint proxy statement allowing Arena's shareholders to cast an informed ballot on whether to approve the Proposed Transaction. A hearing to approve the settlement was held on September 10, 2010 and the Honorable Patrick Flanagan, District Judge, issued an order approving the settlement in its entirety on September 30, 2010.
- Events Mark Lebovitch Serves as Panelist for Fordham Law School Symposium: "Here to Stay - Wrestling with the Future of the Quickly Maturing SPAC Market" October 22, 2021 Learn More
- Awards The National Black Lawyers Association Selects Associate Matthew Traylor for Membership & "Top 40 Under 40" List October 18, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2022 Guide October 5, 2021 Learn More
- Events Katie Sinderson Serves as Panelist at OPFTEC 2021 on "The Role of Securities Litigation in Pension Funds" October 1, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partners John C. Browne and Jeremy Robinson Present "Video Depositions: The Case for Their Continued Relevance in a Post-Quarantine World" Webinar October 1, 2021 Learn More