|Court:||Second Judicial District Court, Washoe County, Nevada|
Shareholder class action filed on behalf of BLB&G client the City of Pontiac General Employees' Retirement System against members of the Arena Resources, Inc. board of directors ("Defendants") for breaching their fiduciary duties in connection with a proposed merger (the "Proposed Transaction") with fellow oil and gas exploration company SandRidge Energy, Inc. ("SandRidge").
After expedited discovery and on the eve of the preliminary injunction hearing, BLB&G successfully negotiated a favorable settlement with Defendants. The settlement required Defendants to significantly revise the merger agreement and its deal protections. Additionally, the settlement forced Defendants to make extensive and substantive disclosures in their joint proxy statement allowing Arena's shareholders to cast an informed ballot on whether to approve the Proposed Transaction. A hearing to approve the settlement was held on September 10, 2010 and the Honorable Patrick Flanagan, District Judge, issued an order approving the settlement in its entirety on September 30, 2010.
- Events BLB&G Associate Brittney Balser to Speak on GAPPT Trustee School Panel, “What Happened to This Bank? An Investor’s Perspective on Bank Failures, Contagion, and Fraud” September 12, 2023 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Senior Counsel Catherine van Kampen to Moderate NJSBA CLE Webinar “What Lawyers Need to Know to Combat Antisemitism” September 8, 2023 Learn More
- News BLB&G Receives Approval of a Landmark $1 Billion Settlement for Shareholders in Wells Fargo Securities Class Action September 8, 2023 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Senior Counsel Catherine van Kampen Recognized as 2023 Outstanding Volunteer by American Bar Association International Law Section August 25, 2023 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Partner Katie Sinderson Appointed Co-Chair of Federal Bar Council Securities Litigation Committee August 23, 2023 Learn More