What should I do if I think I have been discriminated against?

There are a few things that you can do.  If you are still employed at your company, and there is a complaint procedure or an employee relations or human resources department, you may want to file a complaint or speak with someone in those departments.  If there is no such procedure in place, you may want to speak with a manager or supervisor, if you feel comfortable doing so.  You may also want to contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission ("EEOC") in your area or the State Human Rights Division.  Before most types of discrimination lawsuits can be brought, an employee must file a charge with the EEOC within either 180 days or 300 days from the date of the discriminatory act, depending on certain factors.  Employees of the federal government, including the United States Postal Service, may have different complaint procedures.  These employees should check with their personnel departments for the appropriate procedures.  You may also want to contact a lawyer before communicating with the EEOC or your employer.  Bernstein Litowitz Berger & Grossmann, as well as other professionals in this area, will handle your inquiries discreetly and advise you of your rights without any obligation.  Of course, Bernstein Litowitz Berger & Grossmann will also maintain the strictest confidence in evaluating your employment discrimination claim.