Six BLB&G Partners Named to Lawdragon’s List of the “500 Leading Lawyers in America”
August 19, 2014
National legal periodical Lawdragon has named BLB&G partners Max Berger, Salvatore Graziano, Mark Lebovitch, Blair Nicholas, Gerald Silk and David Stickney to its 2013-2014 500 Leading Lawyers in America guide. The list, which serves as one of “the most elite distinctions in the profession,” is a compilation of the “nation’s most notable and accomplished lawyers.” Selection is based on a combination of written submissions, online votes, and editorial research by Lawdragon.
According to the Lawdragon 500:
- Mr. Berger is a “legendary securities litigator” who “continues his stewardship of the world’s premier firm…with an unmatched record of massive settlements.”
- Mr. Graziano is recognized for his role as lead attorney in the $688 million combined settlement with Merck and Schering-Plough, and is characterized as a “powerful advocate for shareholder rights on his climb to elite status in the profession.”
- Mr. Lebovitch was noted for his role as the head of the firm’s corporate governance group, which has successfully “brought novel claims to protect and improve shareholder voting rights, achieving greater transparency in corporate political spending, and recovering hundreds of millions of dollars for shareholders harmed through conflicted corporate transactions.”
- Mr. Nicholas was lauded as “one of the top securities litigators in the nation,” and is credited with obtaining “billions for institutional investors in high-profile litigation against major corporate defendants.”
- Mr. Silk was described as “instrumental in the recovery of almost $6 billion in cases stemming from the subprime crisis.”
- Mr. Stickney was acknowledged for his recent recoveries in major cases, including $615 million for investors in Lehman Brothers, and more than $1 billion from Wall Street banks in cases related to mortgage-backed securities.
External Link: Click here to view the magazine (link will open in a new window)